Community Membership is vital for our beLOVEd community. The practice of commitment in relationship to something loved is a holy experience—it is a divine appointment that calls us into our highest self. Commitment requires us to transcend our small self and see ourselves as an essential contribution to the greater good.
We invite you into this sacred process knowing that exploration of Community Membership will support your personal and spiritual development, support our Community’s vibrancy and support our contribution to the larger community of Chicago and beyond.
Watch: An Introduction from Rev. Lola Wright
Together, we are Building the beLOVEd Community
through our 5 Ways of Being.
Our 5 Ways of Being
Be in the Practice of Oneness
Be in Belonging
Be in Sacred Service
Be in Committed Giving
A Community Member is someone who commits to the vision of Building the beLOVEd Community as we Reveal Love, Honor All Paths and Celebrate Life through our 5 Ways of Being. Each Community Member willingly strives to keep the vision alive by practicing the 5 Ways of Being and partnering with community groups, spiritual leaders, volunteer leaders, staff, community members and friends within Bodhi and beyond.
We awaken individuals to live their inherent power and purpose. Through unconditional love, creativity and conscious community we reveal Oneness in service to the people of Chicago and beyond.
We envision a world where every human being awakens to the God within.
- Unconditional acceptance of all people, wherever they are on their spiritual journey, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexuality, age, politics, hairstyle or favorite color.
- Joyous appreciation of life, celebrating it just as it is.
- Integrity and Personal Responsibility, holding ourselves accountable for the commitments we make, actions we take and results we achieve.
- Authentic and Respectful Communication, we speak from the heart even when it’s difficult, creating real conversations and real relationships.
- Conscious cultivation of resources, managing and growing wisely.
- Affirmative Prayer
- Spirit-Centered Leadership
- Sacred Service
- Giving & Receiving
We are here to support you as you move through this interactive exploration of Community Membership at Bodhi. If you have questions throughout the process know that we are here for you. We can always be reached at: